internetworkers - [internetworkers] Document Shredding: Update

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Document Shredding: Update
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:38:31 -0400

Title: Document Shredding: Update

Hi Folks,

I called Cintas Document Storage and here are the details on personal shredding:

Location, phone, hours:

273 Hein Road
Garner, NC, 27529
(919) 235-0660

M-F 9:00-4:00

It is $45 for up to 250 lbs, and $.18 for every pound over 250.

They will take:

Staples, paper clips, check registers, manila folders, mail in envelopes

They won't take:

Items with plastic (plastic binder, plastic cover)
Cardboard
Wet paper (i.e., water-damaged paper)

They will unload your car/truck for you at the facility.  You can't use a camera phone in the building or take in a camera, and you have to sign a statement of confidentially.  They shred your material while you wait and give you a certificate of destruction.

You should call ahead to be sure that the warehouse folks (the people who actually feed the machines) will be there.  Sometimes they have to make pickups.

I'm going to shred my papers sometime in the next six weeks, and don't think that I have 250 lbs of paper to shred.  Are any of the rest of you interested in going together on this?  Maybe we could add a delivery-from-a-central-location fee (someone's garage) and pay that to the person (with the truck :)) who takes the papers to the facility, and the rest of us split the $45.  The facility is only open during the workweek, so whomever does the delivery would have to be available at that time.

Thanks!

Colleen

  • [internetworkers] Document Shredding: Update, Colleen McCarthy, 04/18/2008