internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Beware the New Bank of America ATMs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Broome" <jbroome AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Beware the New Bank of America ATMs
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:53:11 -0400

On 9/5/07, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:
> Just a warning about the new Bank of America ATM machines. They replaced
> all of the old ATM deposit systems, so that instead of placing your checks
> in an envelope to deposit checks, you insert the checks directly into the
> slot.

Semi-related ATM deposit rant:

The new ATMs at suntrust still use envelopes for deposits, but there's
now a "pause" screen on the ATM during the deposit process so you can
fill out the envelope.

It irritates me, because i have my stuff ready to put in the machine
when I roll up, and it's an extra button push. Also, i don't want to
get stuck behind someone that isn't as ATM prepared as i am.

That was actually a pretty calm rant for me. sweet.

--
There are three R's to windows tech support: "Restart, Reboot, Reinstall"