internetworkers - [internetworkers] Hot Tuna

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Hot Tuna
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:49:33 -0400

When I arrived at the Cat’s Cradle last night, a person next to me said I did not look old enough to know about Hot Tuna.  I confessed that I had only been listening to them for 3 decades and was a newcomer.  Another person with long grey hair and a head band walked up and told me about seeing Jefferson Airplane two nights in a row near New Orleans and about the magic on stage at those gigs.  I missed the seats present at the last acoustic Hot Tuna gig I saw at the Cradle some years ago.  Nonetheless, it was a nice night out.

The opening band from Birmingham, AL called Peacemakers was exceptional and played a flavor of music that sounded like a fusion of Jefferson Airplane and funk.  Very dynamic and original.

Jorma and Jack have still got it after all these years.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President

Neuse River Networks

tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772

http://www.Neuse.Net

Connecting You to the World since 1997

Specializing in the design, sales, installation, and support of today's technology for small to mid-sized markets, we also focus on both commercial and industrial networks for PCs and phones. Now in our tenth year, the company began with deploying video, voice and data communications systems in the Triangle region, which we continue to do today.