internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Office Chairs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Office Chairs
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:03:59 -0400

Tom Caswell wrote:
I'm in the market for a new office chair. The Aeron seems to have an iPod-esque following but it's honking expensive. Is it worth the $750 or is there a cheaper and yet still quality chair someone can recommend?

I'd suggest reading the section of this essay:

<http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/FieldGuidetoDevelopers.html>

which deals with Aeron chairs. Ignore the rest of the article unless
you're hiring software developers, but the part about the chairs
is useful to anybody.

A brief excerpt:

They last longer than cheap chairs. We’ve been in business for six years and
every Aeron
> is literally in mint condition: I challenge anyone to see the difference between the chairs
> we bought in 2000 and the chairs we bought three months ago. They easily last for ten years.
> The cheap chairs literally start falling apart after a matter of
> months. You’ll need at least four $100 chairs to last as long as an
> Aeron.

TTYL,

Phil
--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes

And when the people complained, it
displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard
it; and his anger was kindled; and the
fire of the LORD burnt among them, and
consumed them that were in the uttermost
parts of the camp. Numbers 11:1
begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Rhodes
n:Rhodes;Phillip
adr:;;P.O. Box 16905;Chapel Hill;NC;27516;USA
email;internet:mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk
tel;home:919-928-0236
url:http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes
version:2.1
end:vcard