internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UFO Reported Over Charlotte?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UFO Reported Over Charlotte?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:32:42 -0500

On 1/26/07, Mark Turner <markt AT siteseers.net> wrote:
The Charlotte Observer and other media outlets are reporting that many
witnesses saw a UFO over Charlotte Wednesday night. There's a picture, too!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/breaking_news/16539378.htm
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/breaking_news/16544542.htm

My wife was driving in Wake Forest around 6:30 Tuesday night and saw
something almost exactly like this. I myself saw an unidentified
aircraft fly over my house on the afternoon of Dec 26th.

Anyone else noticing anything spooky up there? Or is it time to visit my
shrink? :-)

Shrink? Perhaps. English teacher? Definitely. Read the entire
article and you'll discover they did say what it was. You can hardly call it
an *unidentified* flying object when they *identify* what it was!

From the article:

"A fireball," says Daniel Caton, observatory director and astronomy professor
at Appalachian State University in Boone."

"Based on the reports, Caton believes it was an unusually bright meteor that
burned up about 30 miles high in the atmosphere somewhere above Charlotte.
Sightings came from more than 100 miles away."

So, nothing sinister there. Everything I read in both articles can easily
be explained by that. Even the people saying it "just hovered there" can
be explained by the movement of the object coming straight in their
direction.

So, nothing to see here except a fairly spectacular meteor.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace