internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Question about Linksys Hub ... needs constant rebooting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: idodesign AT earthlink.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Question about Linksys Hub ... needs constant rebooting
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:51:11 -0500

Susan LaBarre wrote:

Maybe someone can help me figure out why my internet connection keeps going
out on me. I have to unplug/replug my Linksys hub (2.4Ghz, 80211b) one or
more times daily to reset the IP address. I have everything running through
it, including my ethernet connector to my laptop. I only lose the internet
and email, but not the VOIP connection to my phone even though the phone
modem is also plugged into the hub. I unplug the hub, wait 5 seconds and
replug it and everything works again.

Anyone else run into this problem? Should I be downloading new firmware or
buying a new hub?

We have similar issues with the Linksys. It just started to happen about a month ago. I assumed it was probably RoadRunner. I considered upgrading the box myself, but am trying to nail down the problem first.

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.