internetworkers - [internetworkers] Question about Linksys Hub ... needs constant rebooting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesign AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Question about Linksys Hub ... needs constant rebooting
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:44:33 -0500

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me figure out why my internet connection keeps going
out on me. I have to unplug/replug my Linksys hub (2.4Ghz, 80211b) one or
more times daily to reset the IP address. I have everything running through
it, including my ethernet connector to my laptop. I only lose the internet
and email, but not the VOIP connection to my phone even though the phone
modem is also plugged into the hub. I unplug the hub, wait 5 seconds and
replug it and everything works again.

Anyone else run into this problem? Should I be downloading new firmware or
buying a new hub?

Thanks in advance.

Susan LaBarre
The Global Warming Is Personal Campaign
Putting a Family Face on Global Warming!

www.globalwarmingispersonal.net