internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] dishwasher

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] dishwasher
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:58:55 EST

I have a Bosch and am quite pleased. It washes dishes very well and is very quiet. It has needed a repair or two and that wasn't cheap. The good news is that parts are available online.  Most brands have several models which may or may not have the features that won the brand its name. Sears had a Bosch made especially for them that had the name, but not the performance. So kick the tires on any model you consider.  Noise, or lack thereof, is directly proportional to the sound insulation provided on the outside of the unit. You want to see lots of it. You can add more if you have the space in the cabinet.  The better units have a water heater on board to get the wash water really hot. I'm a sucker for stainless steel interiors, but the interior has nothing to do with wash effectiveness. I'd expect to pay $600 on up. Its a tool, not a toy. I buy the best tools I can afford. Good Luck with those dishpan hands!

Don B

Check the Appliance Center in Durham. I haven't gone there in awhile, but they know their brands. They may have a store in Raleigh too.