internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:25:34 -0400

I was under the impression that asr didn't copy boot blocks either?

On 10/25/06, Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com> wrote:
Only catch there is creating a RAID in disk utility erases the
drives, and starts you with a clean slate.

Also, instead of Carbon Copy Cloner, I just use the "asr" command
line tool that it hooked into by itself: "$ asr restore source=/
Volumes/Boot -target=/Volumes/Backup" and it'll do a complete clone,
straight from the running system.

~Ian

On Oct 24, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

> Well, maybe you could use the disk utility program to setup a
> mirror and
> then once it's done, break the mirror.

>>> http://www.thehellbenders.com
>>> 1957 Buick Riviera Hardtop (2 dr., 425" Nailhead)
>>> 1960 International B100
>>> 1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead)