internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] American Flag Decals/stickers - Kidney stones - what a dual thread!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "B Holroyd" <beeholroyd AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] American Flag Decals/stickers - Kidney stones - what a dual thread!
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 03:24:56 -0400

Drink fluid, fluid, and more fluid! Drink 'till you feel like you're
going to drown! I've had two kidney stones and one child (via
unmedicated delivery) and I'd rather have another child than another
kidney stone. Not only would I be holding a miracle right there in my
arms at the end of it all, labor pains ebb and flow and kidney stone
pain doesn't. I can't really comment on the pain levels of stone vs
ordinary labor, as my labor was induced and pitosen (sp?) makes the
pain more, well, ragged or jagged than normal. The only other pain
I've suffered that is as debilitating as stones would be my very worst
migraine headaches, and that's only because they affect everything and
are long-lived.

Notice the pain in your lower back, and remember it -- the next time
you feel that ache, start drinking any and all fluid! (Be aware that
you are susceptible hereafter.)

Sorry to hear about it, Don; here's hoping you feel better soon....

~B

On 9/23/06, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com> wrote:
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to counter a kidney stone.

On 9/23/06, G.Wolfe Woodbury <ggw AT wolves.durham.nc.us > wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 06:02:01PM -0400, DonBartholf AT aol.com wrote:
> > I am experiencing the delights of a a kidney stone this weekend. After
> > spending 12 hours in the ER, I got sent home with a strainer and a
bottle of
> > Vicodin. Does anyone have advice on how to move this process along.
Several men have
> > told me that "passing a stone" is the male equivalent to giving birth. I
> > question how they would know. Any ladies out there who could compare
kidney stones
> > to labor.
>
> My late mother, upon hearing that I was passing a morning star stone,
said, "I've had three
> kids and two kidney stones - I'd rather have another kid."
>
> No Ideas on the decals, though a truck stop store comes to mind as a
possibility. Flying J
> in Haw River is probably closest to Durham, Chapel Hill.
>
> --Wolfe
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
To unsubscribe visit