internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] not about living in BFE

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] not about living in BFE
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:43:24 -0400

Oh, well, I'm not still at the same job, just back to the same salary.  My pay went up and up through the 90s and early 2000s, took a small hit to take a job I watned at Oculan then took a bit hit after Oculan closed down and I found full-time employment.

Excellent benefits, but the pay stinks.  Actually one of the biggest "excellent benefits", free tuition, just flew out the window so the money it's costing me to work there just got a lot higher.

Bah.

Greg

On 9/23/06, Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Greg (making the same salary he did in 1998)

  I guess I have to ask what makes you stay at a job where the
salary doesn't go up in eight years. Why not move on to greener
pastures? Are there other benefits that you would give up to move
to another position? (Perhaps a beer taster position?)

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.