internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] MS Project Alternatives?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] MS Project Alternatives?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:47:54 -0500

Thanks Phil,

Open Workbench seems to be exactly the sort of think I was looking for. Very low function. But it's free and it does the few core things that I need it to, which is to make a pretty gant chart and let me track which steps are dependent on which and which ones are complete etc.

Seems to work just fine. I recommend it!
Calvin

On 9/22/06, Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk > wrote:
Calvin Powers wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any free or  low cost MS Project alternatives that
> can read an MS project template XML file?

OpenWorkbench claims, IIRC, a great degree of MS Project compatibility.
It might be worth a look.

<http://www.openworkbench.org/ >

HTH, IANAL, YMMV, ETC.

TTYL,