internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Useless Movie Trivia Questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Useless Movie Trivia Questions
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:05:10 -0500

on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:52:52PM -0500, dave.m.parker AT gsk.com wrote:
> > Scene 1: An old lady shows up at the local sheriff's office to
> > report something unusual. Her visits are regular, and the sheriff
> > deals with it by putting a life-size cardboard cutout of himself in
> > his chair, with the head on a spring, nodding and smiling while the
> > old lady rants about whatever.

This brought me to mind of "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are
Coming", but it's been a while since I saw it. It was set in New England,
featured an accidental grounding of a Russian nuclear sub and the result
was a complete freakout on behalf of the town's residents. But I don't
remember that scene. So YMMV.

> > Scene 3: A guy (someone's dad) gives out apples for Halloween. He
> > drops one in a kid's bag and the kid yells, "You just broke my
> > cookie, you big ape!" (Or ox. Or something like that.) (This might
> > be a John Hughes movie--I'm not sure.)

Sounds familiar, but again, no help. Sorry.

OTOH, it did lead me to this, which is a bit early for a dose of Friday
surrealism, but what the heck.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1002526

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2554 w: http://hesketh.com/