internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Trouble at ibiblio or just my ISP?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Trouble at ibiblio or just my ISP?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:28:59 -0500 (EST)

I'm on campus but I am getting fast web response for
ibiblio.org/internetworkers
the http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers is also
responding quickly.
i do have the dsn already cached (but not those papes) so if the delay you
were seeing is there then that could be a problem. unc has recently been
changing nameservers around so ...
on sourceforge, we have to cap the sourceforge downloads to a reasonable
capacity because of bandwidth use there. our better alternative has been
to develop a bittorrent solution see http://torrent.ibiblio.org for
distros and other very large downloads. give it a try.