internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Trouble at ibiblio or just my ISP?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: david cherryholmes <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Trouble at ibiblio or just my ISP?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:23:06 -0500

On 11/22/05, Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that I don't see ibiblio listed when I go to download things
> from sourceforge. I wonder if its because of the bandwidth.

That must be a recent change then (as in, in the last few days).
Sourceforge downloads are the most common instance of me seeing an
ibiblio link and not even bothering to click it. I know these are
some harsh words for the ibiblio crew (if there are any reading this),
but I think it's a shame that the services have sunk so low. UNC has
been a pioneer in many OSS areas, and I'd like to see them get the
respect they deserve. But, rightly or wrongly, download sites with
poor bandwidth generally suggest "small time and/or half-assed". My
suspicion is that some bean-counter is to blame, so don't think I'm
casting my aspersions towards the technical side of the house.

--
David Cherryholmes