internetworkers - [internetworkers] connectivity choices for small business?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] connectivity choices for small business?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:39:28 -0400

I was wondering if the choices for internet connectivity have changed at all recently? The 3Mx384 connection from TimeWarner has seemed slow now that I've added some more employees, and I went looking to increase the service level. What I got back was this puzzling list of prices.

3Mx384k for $89.95/month
2Mx1M for $199.95/month
2Mx2M for $299.95/month
4Mx2M for $399.95/month
6Mx2M for $499.95/month

The cost differential from going from $89.95/month to $199.95 seems to make it not worth it, but are there any options? These seem expensive, but the performance still seems higher than DSL, and cheaper than one of the T's.

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe. - J. Michael Straczynski