internetworkers - [internetworkers] WHole buncha stuff for sale

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] WHole buncha stuff for sale
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:07:47 -0400

For Sale:

I need this stuff to go away. I need it to go away SOON. The prices
listed are all quite reasonable, but I am willing to negotiate if you
make a good case. Which I know you guys will all try to do!!! ;-P
Unless otherwise noted, all items are for pick-up in north Durham, or I
could probably arrange to meet you in RTP during lunch or after work, if
you will commit to buying it and not just waste my time. Cash or money
orders only.

I will be listing all of this on Craigslist shortly, plus the musical
gear will go on RaleighMusic.com, so you guys are getting first chance.
I have photos readily available for everything except the sink, pedestal
table, playpen & laptop, those didn't take for some reason, but I can
try again tonight. Email to make an offer or if you need more info on
anything. I'd like to get it all gone by next weekend.

Paula

40-hole (20 eyes on either side) women's Doc Martens boots, knee-high.
Tongue says size 7, almost brand new, very shiny maroon leather. Very
very little sole wear, can barely tell they were used at all. They must
be UK 7, 'cos they are too big for me, and I wear a ladies 7.5. If
that's right, the US equivalent would be ladies' 9, I think. Goths drool
over these boots. $60.
Almost exactly like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DOC-MARTENS-20-HOLE-DR-MARTENS-KNEE-BOOT_W0QQitemZ7715038112QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yamaha Power V Special (Premier) drum set, vivid red with slight "smoke"
or "fleck" in the color finish. Near-spotless, although the heads have
been used somewhat. Kick is 22" across, 17" deep (it's big), three toms
10", 12", 14". Two toms mount on the kick, one is suspended from a stand
that doubles as a cymbal stand. Also matching steel/chrome snare, 14" x
7". Comes with another cymbal stand, snare stand, and hi-hat
pedal/stand. All hardware is heavy-duty. No cymbals included. If you saw
the Billion in '01, you probably saw me playing this kit. Serious 80's
rock sound and look. $400.

Yamaha drum kick pedal, heavy duty chain drive, very nice. Buy it to use
with the kit above, or buy it to replace your old crappy one, or just to
have a spare. $50.

Yamaha Stage Custom mini-snare. Black, 10". Almost brand new. Side
mount. Comes with heavy-duty mounting hardware to secure it to a cymbal
or hi-hat stand. $60.

Beginner's DJ set: 2 Gemini XL-BD10 turntables, with Gemini Trickmaster
mixer. Turntables are belt drive with speed control slider for mixing.
Each has a Stanton headstock and needle cartridge; the cartridges
probably should be replaced soon, but they can be found at most music &
audio supply stores for cheap, I think around $15. Pictured slipmats not
included, but I think I still have original Stanton pink spiral slipmats
to go with it. Great for when your kid shows up saying, "Dad, I wanna be
a DJ", or to fool around in the garage with those old disco records
you've been holding on to for thirty years. Whole setup goes to you for
$100. I'll throw in the crappy Radio Shack tuner/amp I was using for
free, if you want.

Custom-built DJ "work table." Built to use with two turntables and a
mixer, with special shelves below for an amp and record storage. Height
is excellent for standing up while mixing. Unfinished hardwood, could be
stained or painted to match any room. Heavy duty construction to hold
100+ records without warping and be very stable for clean mixes. Does
NOT come apart. $50, you must come & get. A truck would be helpful.

Oscar Schmidt large-body acoustic guitar. Unique in that I restrung it
for left-handed play, but this could be reversed. Nice beginner's
guitar. $40.

Nice baby stroller/carrybasket/carseat combo, aka "Travel System." Think
it's a Graco, but not sure. Purchased used a few years ago, but hasn't
been used since then. Some wear on the wheels, no problems. Blue cloth.
Ergonomic twisty handle on the basket. Plastic base stays strapped in
the car, basket locks into & out of it. Basket locks onto stroller for
bitty-baby walking, or leave it off for bigger kids' seating. Almost
everything you need in one convenient set. A little dusty from sitting
in the attic. $75.

Brand-new heavy-duty Graco baby stroller. Plastic is still on the handle
& bumper. Aluminum frame. Easy-collapse switch, underbasket, the works.
Blue cloth. Purchased new a few years ago, never been used. A little
dusty from sitting in the attic. $50.

Large folding baby travel sleeper cot / playpen, with carry bag.
Purchased used, but in great shape. Been sitting folded in the bag for
two years in my attic. $50.

Vintage retro manual juicer. Black enameled steel and aluminum? Big and
very freakin' heavy. Will squash even small grapefruit with ease. We
don't drink juice. Don't know why honey wants to keep it. Please make
this go away. Perfect for 50's kitchen decor. $10.

Vintage (late 1940's - early 1950's) Singer Featherweight electric
travel sewing machine, with carry case and foot pedal. Very good
condition, not scratched or dinged or anything. Black with gold paint
and trim. Lots of little accessories. Don't know how to tell if it's
working correctly, but it is capable of doing something sewing-like, or
at least it was the last time I hooked it up. Or it just looks really
cool, whichever you want. Apparently these are highly collectible. Looks
pretty much like this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Singer-Featherweight-221-sewing-machine_W0QQitemZ8222886695QQcategoryZ28166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
$200 or make me a reasonable offer. At the least, you can resell it on
Ebay. I just don't want to deal.

Sony Vaio PCG-Z505-SX Superslim laptop. Unbelievably small and light,
about the size of a standard paper notebook. Includes Hauppage WinTV
external converter and software, USB floppy drive, original manuals &
disks, port replicator/docking strip for connecting printer & other
non-USB peripherals, power cord, padded carry case. LCD screen is fine,
machine is very useable, never had a problem with it. $200.

Very large & thick Oriental-style area rug, colors are mainly red and
navy blue, with terra-cotta highlights and some others. 10'x13', maybe?
Bought used at an auction a couple of years ago, stored in my attic
since. Has no visible spots or wear, (in fact, it actually looks almost
new) but for some weird reason it smells odd/bad. Invisible mildew? Mad
chemist's spill mat? I kept meaning to steam clean it to see if would be
OK, but never got around to it, and now it needs to vacate the space
ASAP. $40 and you get to see if you can make it minty fresh again. Any
reasonable offer accepted, but you must pick this up, and help get it
down the steps.

Double-basin cast iron white ceramic kitchen sink, with incorporated
backsplash. NO chips, almost no staining, basically in great shape. Very
very deep basins, much more than standard sinks of today. Weighs a ton.
Old but still-working faucet fixture is still attached. $25 and you come
get it. Perfect for retro 50's kitchens.

Marble-top iron rectangular bistro table. Top is black & white marble
slab, with two iron double-Y-legs and an iron cross-brace. Currently
disassembled, and we lost the bolts. I'm sure you could buy replacements
at Lowe's for dirt cheap. Weighs a ton. You must pick up. $25. Very
similar to this one, only with rectangular top instead of oval:
http://cgi.ebay.com/marble-top-end-side-or-end-table-with-wrought-iron-base_W0QQitemZ4406004192QQcategoryZ38206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Antique round pedestal table, Empire-style with "rolled" feet. Heavy,
very dark wood, mahogany or cherry. No idea of year, but probably
1920's. Top is in bad shape, with water rings and candle wax on it, but
rest of table is in pretty decent condition. Ask for the story of how we
rescued this table - it's vaguely amusing, at least to me. Had this in
our living room for years, with a tablecloth over the top. $50. You
must come get it.