internetworkers - [internetworkers] 9-12 after-school activity (Thursdays) at Carrboro ArtsCenter

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B Holroyd <beeholroyd AT gmail.com>
  • To: I'networkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] 9-12 after-school activity (Thursdays) at Carrboro ArtsCenter
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:33:29 -0400

I'm teaching an after-school activity in Carrboro in November and
December, if enough students sign up. I'm hoping to get at least six
artistic, creative youngsters between the ages of 9 (or a precocious
8) to 12 (or a patient 13) who want to explore web creation for six
weeks from 4:00 - 5:30 pm on Thursdays at The ArtsCenter in Carrboro.
Dates: November 1-December 13 (no class Nov. 22); $90 public, $81
Friends. The description:

1117 STORIES ON THE WEB (ages 9-12)

Children will create a Web site, using their own creative material,
that tells a story or showcases the group's art and writing. In the
process, they learn how to plan a site, pick Web-friendly colors, text
and design elements and digitize original materials as needed. The
site will eventually be available as a link off The ArtsCenter's
website. Participants are expected to provide a creative work made
outside of class (short story or poem, photo, drawing or other work).

(That should read: Participants /may be/ expected to provide....)

Find the listing on the ArtsCenter page:
http://www.artscenterlive.org/fall_05.html#YOUNG

No one signed up for the first session, so I figured I should "talk it
up" (the second session)....

~B

--
http://www.bholroyd.com/