internetworkers - [internetworkers] World Usability Day in the Triangle

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rick Cecil <rickcecil AT gmail.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] World Usability Day in the Triangle
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 23:40:05 -0400

All,

A group of us are in the process of planning an event for World
Usability Day on November 3--an event for anyone who is just
interested in user experience--from the UX professionals to product
designers to people who are just frustrated with the tiny buttons on
their mobile phones. It's really for anyone who has asked: "Why
doesn't this work right? What am I supposed to do with this now?"

We're close to announcing the time (it will be evening) and location
for our Triangle event--I'll post it as soon as I have everything
finalized. Stay tuned to the TriUX Web site for more information:
http://www.triux.org.

So...while we don't have time and location finalized, we do have
several sessions planned:

* Interactionary - "The idea is to explode the process of design by
forcing insane time constraints, and asking teams of designers to work
together in front of a live audience." We'll give 2 teams of designers
(one from State and one from UNC) 20 minutes to solve a. For more
information on interactionaries, see
(http://www.scottberkun.com/dsports/ ) in which he documents several
interactionaries..

* Usability Ticketing - This is an all day event; We will "ticket"
usability problems in the physical world, take a picture of the ticket
and post it on Flickr under a common tag. People can participate in
this event anywhere in the triangle. We'll review some of the
violations during the event.

* Panel debate - The topic and panelists have not yet been announced.
Check out our web site for updated information: http://www.triux.org;
and keep an eye on this list: I'll continue to post information about
the event here as it comes in.

My goal is to have 150 people attend the event; mark the date in your
calendar (November 3) and come on out!

Thanks! and I'm looking forward to seeing you on November 3rd.

-Rick

  • [internetworkers] World Usability Day in the Triangle, Rick Cecil, 10/05/2005