internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google Takes A Stab At It

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google Takes A Stab At It
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:36:31 -0400

Holy crap. It blows my mind that GoDaddy would go so far as to say "Google
uses a domain's length of registration when indexing and ranking...".
Nobody can make a claim like that. Trust me; I've tried to pay Google
engineers for that kind of info. :) I keep my ear close to the SEO street
and I've never heard this one. Perhaps it could be a filter in the future
although I highly doubt it. There are too many overnight successes that
can't be ignored that surely don't have a expiration date of more than a
year out. The Google algorithm as well as the Yahoo algorithm are much more
complex than that. There is a sweet spot that involves many variables but I
don't find length of registration to be one of them.

Example:
http://www.werenotafraid.com/
Launched after the first London bombings and already ranks #1 for 'not
afraid' and #3 for 'afraid' as it should. It was registered for one year.

When Google files patents I often wonder if its for the sole intent of
throwing the SEO'r off track.

Here are two good tips for you if you want your site to rank well:
Inbound links
Original content