internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:44:24 -0400

Marcia wrote:

I’m not sure why this is not getting more media attention, and why people seem to not really care. Maybe they don’t understand what this court decision really means?

Sorry... but I had to get this out of my system.

I agree. I am so outraged I could chew nails right now. I just didnt' want to be the first one to post about it here on INW, since I've been
responsible for enough political flame fests in the past.

That said, I thing this is a horrible decision by the Supreme Court. And regardless of the so-called "Constitutionality" of this eminent domain business, it's just plain **wrong**. Personally I'm hoping that
the homeowners up in New London decide to resist any attempt to seize
their land, excercising their 2nd Amendment rights if necessary. And if
they ask for help, I intend to travel to Connecticut to assist.

An interesting post I saw on Slashdot earlier, by some Anonymous Coward,
concerning this topic:

----quote-------
I think this kind of thing was the original intent of the 2nd Amendment
- you know, the whole militia thing that presumably would be comprised
of private citizens. I personally would not see any moral problem if
these homes were protected by using lethal force against police
evictions or rolling bulldozers. Hell, I would feel compelled to join
them, despite never having fired a weapon and living in a
new-development neighborhood that is unlikely to be affected by this
ruling any time soon. Of course, such a militia would be stopped by
overwhelming force, with all the limitations imposed on personal
firearms. And though I have never posted here on the subject of
privately-owned arms, I firmly believed in some limiitations such as
those against assault and other military-grade weapons - until I read
the article and realized the shear rediculousness and inherent
unconstitutionality of this ruling.

So yeah, some people are finally starting to grok how this "Freedom" thing really works. You can't just sit around and expect the government (or anybody else) to protect your Freedom. If you want it defended, you
have to accept that you may have to do it yourself.

TTYL,

Phil
--
North Carolina - First In Freedom