internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Jim's Bible of Clean Computer Ops!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: info AT mindbenderstudios.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Jim's Bible of Clean Computer Ops!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:01:08 -0500

That sounds all good and everything, but...

1. Most email apps automatically open messages in that little pane, so
its best to just use a non-craptastic email client like Thunderbird if
you have to use windows
2. I don't know how you avoid entiure sites that use popups, since
thats about the only way to make money in advertising these days, just
use Firefox that blocks 'em all
3. Use a system that isn't vulnerable to virii
4. Um, via either of our 3's, how'd it get in there to b0rk things up?

I think the easiest way to keep your network working comes all down to
one simple rule:
1) Don't use Windows.

~ian (who thinks nothing beats a good trolling on xmas eve)