internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Gregory Woodbury <ggw AT wolves.durham.nc.us>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:37:30 -0500

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:30:10PM -0500, Tony Spencer wrote:
> 0 minute wait this morning at the Cameron Village Fire Department in
> Raleigh. My ultra cool boss let me go at 10:30 to avoid the crowds.
>
> I asked why they didn't check my ID and she said it wasn't necessary for me.
> Perhaps because I brought in my voter registration card.

According to NC Law, ID is only required for new registrations the first
time they vote. Otherwise you state your name, address and sign the
Authorization To Vote (ATV) which is good enough for NC.

At precinct 6 (Lakewood Elem School) in Durham, approx 531 (33+%) of the
precinct voted early and the total for the day was 629, giving us about
72% turnout for this election.

I worked the polls all day, and my feet are tired.

6:30 to 10am was heavy with lines, but the rest of the day was light byt
steady.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury `- -'
RHCT U