internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] just #%@*$ great

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] just #%@*$ great
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:45:47 -0400 (EDT)

Reported 04.04.28 20:40 from Alan MacHett:
.:
.:The mess:
.:A little bit of serendipity today led me down a sleuthing path. And what,
.:to my shock and surprise, did I discover at the end of that path? No less
.:than the fact that the guilty IP for all the Netsky spam, that I had been
.:noticing, is none other than our BellSouth DSL connection at work. Joy.
.:
.:So! Sil, it's not my mother you need to beat, rather come on down to 112 W
.:Main Street and give someone (not me) an earful. I've already given the
.:speech about attachments and Do Not Open Them.
.:

Ahh... well, as my recent silent period might suggest, I found my own way
around the recent spat of spam: my email address died. One surefire way
of removing spammers' ability to reach you is to remove everyone's ability
to reach you!

Sort of like disconnecting your landline to avoid telemarketers...
only, without the satisfaction of telling Bellsouth where, and how,
to shove it.

--SG