internetworkers - [internetworkers] just #%@*$ great

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] just #%@*$ great
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:40:34 -0400 (EDT)

Although I am not responsible for this mess, I nonetheless offer my
sincere apologies to whomever the mess has affected. At the moment, I
have no way of knowing who that might be.

The mess:
A little bit of serendipity today led me down a sleuthing path. And what,
to my shock and surprise, did I discover at the end of that path? No less
than the fact that the guilty IP for all the Netsky spam, that I had been
noticing, is none other than our BellSouth DSL connection at work. Joy.

So! Sil, it's not my mother you need to beat, rather come on down to 112 W
Main Street and give someone (not me) an earful. I've already given the
speech about attachments and Do Not Open Them.

It doesn't help that the primary software running there won't function in
the presence of anti-virus software.

* :\
Alan