internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Best Job Search Sites, Best Contracting Firms

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Laurie VanDine <laurie AT bizrace.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Best Job Search Sites, Best Contracting Firms
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:37:55 -0400

Hi, Colleen:

I have been job searching for about 2.5 months now. In my opinion, the best
job
search sites out there right now are Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com. I
have
found an occassional job to apply for on HotJobs.com. But, they just updated
their job search site/function, for the better, I think. However, there are
much fewer jobs now posted there, at least under Information Technology, and
they don't change often at all. Perhaps that will change given a little
time.
I also regulary search The News and Observer newpaper online under their jobs
section. Once in a while I search Dice.com. But, I find that they typically
have all the exact same jobs posted as the sites I've already mentioned, but
perhaps listed under different staffing firms (this is true of all of them
though). So, if you're looking to apply for a job from a certain staffing
firm,
it might be worth while to browse all of them. Otherwise, don't waste the
time!
FlipDog.com used to be good. I used them a year and a half ago and found a
great 6-month contract job. But, that site is worthless now. I don't know
much
about the staffing firms, so I can't really help there.

Thanks for sending the link to jobs now open at UNC Hospitals. I am very
interested in the Web Developer job listed. Do you have any inside
information
or tips on that job in particular?

*NEW! Ashlyn's web site: http://ashlyn.vandine.org
(A work in progress ever growing and changing by the month just like Ashlyn!)

There never was a
Child so lovely but her
Mother was glad to see her asleep :-)
--Ralph Waldo Emerson