internetworkers - [internetworkers] Window of Opportunity For Iraq War?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Window of Opportunity For Iraq War?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:54:21 -0500

Hey,

Does anyone know if there is a seasonal window of opportunity for an Iraq
invasion? I thought I remembered hearing that it has to be before summer b/c a
chemical/biological weapons attack would be devasting in the summer desert
heat. Troops would have the choice of possibly mortal exposure to toxins or
heat stroke. The lack of water in the desert would also make it tough on a
soldier to clean up from such an attack, esp. in the summer.

War is a project management nightmare... Lots of pieces have to fall in to
place before you can really start imposing your will on another people. It
seems that the political support piece hasn't fallen in to place as expected.
I wonder what the other open issues are?