internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] script2script

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] script2script
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:06:32 -0500

on Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 04:02:10PM -0500, machett AT ibiblio.org wrote:

> I'm thinking of building a better webclock, but I'm at an impasse.
>
> Does JavaScript have a function to call the date and time from the server?

Sure, request an image, or a page you can stick in an iframe, and have
the server side set a cookie containing the date/time. Then read the new
cookie. That should work in most recent browsers, though you're on your
own doing the date-in-a-cookie thing from PHP.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier