internetworkers - [internetworkers] script2script

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] script2script
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:02:10 -0500

I'm thinking of building a better webclock, but I'm at an impasse.

Does JavaScript have a function to call the date and time from the server?

If not, does anyone know if information can be communicated between script
types, say JavaScript and PHP. I know PHP has a Java extention [--with-Java]
to allow PHP to handle Java objects, but I don't need to go so far. I'd like
to call the date() in PHP and then pass that to a time/counter script in
JavaScript.

I'd do the whole thing in PHP, but I can't think of a function to call the
local timezone or date-time from the client computer. Anyone know of one?

thanks,
Alan