internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: bio-diesel in the triangle

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Internetworkers List <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: bio-diesel in the triangle
  • Date: 25 Nov 2002 21:27:43 -0500

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 19:12, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> In either case, it sounds like we have at least two VERY SOLID
> alternatives to pure fossil fuel, but neither are available in the
> Triangle. E85 sounds on the surface like something I can probably use
> now, with biodiesel being a goal for the future (100% renewable, with
> all the benefits of a diesel engine)

With or without petrochemical aided farming? I grew up in southern MN
surrounded by fields of corn and soybeans and saw how much stuff was
sprayed on growing plants and/or injected into the ground. I'm curious
to know if that 100% renewable claim can be met with "natural" farming
techniques.

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest: http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/