internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] bio-diesel in the triangle

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] bio-diesel in the triangle
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:15:40 -0500 (EST)

Also we are lacking a station E85 station. For those that don't know E85
is 85% Ethanol and most current vehicles will run E85 with very slight
modification, some take no modification at all. For older cars it's
basically retard the timing 4 degrees and increase the jet size approx.
40%. There is a lot of info available at http://www.e85fuel.com/ I
personally believe that it is a far better fuel than BD, burns very clean
and makes lot's of power.

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> There have been some substantiated rumors of bio-diesel making a debut
> in the Triangle in the next couple of years. On the news tonight, they
> mentioned that several counties surrounding the Triangle are welcoming
> queries about siting a soybean diesel plant. I think this would be
> excellent for local farmers, the local job market, the environment, and
> enlightened consumers who would like a viable alternative to petroleum.
>
> What I'm hoping is that 100% BD will become available in the next few
> years, rather than the more common B20 blends where only 20% is
> biodiesel. If I had easy access to 100% biodiesel I would have strong
> incentive to swap my gas burning car for a diesel burning car.
> Supposedly this is already available in San Francisco and Reno. With
> many former tobacco farmers in NC moving to soybeans, our state has a
> clear opportunity to be a leader in renewable fuel technologies.
>
> Chris Hedemark
> Hillsborough, NC
> http://yonderway.com

> gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
> gpg: Signature made Sat 23 Nov 2002 06:21:14 PM EST using DSA key ID
> 9ABD96F6
> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
scott AT thehellbenders.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1951 Kaiser Henry J (4" chop, 60's custom front end, bellybutton)