internetworkers - [internetworkers] ?s about Salary Info

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Anthony J Bull <bulla AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] ?s about Salary Info
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:24:05 -0500 (EST)

Greetings all (from a lurker,)

I'm planning on moving westward after I finish my degree here in Chapel
Hill. I'm in the Information Science program and hoping to snag a Web
Application Developer position (title irrelevant but it conveys the type
of work I'd like to be doing) in San Francisco.

Yeah, yeah, I know, living in SF is expensive. To figure out whether I'll
be able to afford it, I'm trying to answer the following questions:

1) What is the salary range for Web Application Developers with a
Master's degree and a year of experience?

2) How is the market for Web App Developers in the Bay Area?

I've already looked on Salary.com, SalaryExpert.com, and Monster.com.

Can anyone offer numbers or point me to any resources where I might
inform myself?

Thanks!!!

Tony Bull