internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:55:32 -0400

On Friday 16 August 2002 12:10 pm, David Minton wrote:
> As far as OS for your Powerbook goes, OS X version 10.2 will be
> released on Friday. I would give that a shot before installing Linux.
> Maybe the hardcore Linux/OS X enthusiasts like Dave Matusiak and
> Steve Burnett will offer an opinion.

I recommend you to go and use OS X *and* Linux apps. You can have both
at the same time. There's something called "fink" that lets you do the
trick. I've seen Powerbooks with OS X running Linux applications. And
now, OpenOffice for OS X is getting ready.

Use both. The more the choice, the better.

Salut
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve