internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:10:25 -0400

The Apple store does have an open network, but there are so many machines
within the store using it, that you sometimes can not connect to it, even
within the store.

Bean Traders Coffee at Homestead Market (same exit as Streets at Southpoint)
on HWY 54 also has an open network. They just ask that you make a purchase.
Their coffee is quite good (they roast the beans themselves).

As far as OS for your Powerbook goes, OS X version 10.2 will be released on
Friday. I would give that a shot before installing Linux. Maybe the hardcore
Linux/OS X enthusiasts like Dave Matusiak and Steve Burnett will offer an
opinion.

David