internetworkers - Re: Car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Car shopping
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:31:06 -0000 (UTC)

Oh, that and much of the interior plastic components starting to degrade
after about a year --a/c vents, armrests, etc. I asked Saturn about
replacing the damned a/c
vane and they saidthey'd have to replace the whole assembly. Sh*t.

Plus the resale value goes down the
toilet.

TaB

> I have to say, I would never buy another Saturn if you held a gun to
my
> head. For all their vauntedservice problems, when I developed a
> serious problem
(100 mi/qt. of oil) they gave me thef*cking runaround
> until I gave up. I've heard of
numerous people with the oil
> consumptionproblem, too. So yeah, buy a Saturn, they'll
make you feel
> really good about it. But they'restill GM crap cars.
>
> TaB

quick addendum:

>> much like the "if you have to buy
> korean, go with hyundai," i
would say
>> "if you *HAVE* to buy american, go with saturn." the
> best feature of
>> the
saturn is that they are the only dealerships that train their
>> sales
> people NOT to be
annoying. dave ;)
>> ___ _ _____ . ....
>> m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e
>> ------ / /
......... . . .

>> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Wolfe, Joanna wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I'll

throw in something here.
>>> I purchased a Saturn in 1992 - it was the easiest purchase I
ever
> had.
>>> I had no problems with the car until 2000 when it wouldn't pass

inspection due to
> a bad cylinder. I got eight good years from that car
>>> - I loved my car -
and retired it with
> 168,000 miles.
>>>
>>> When I bought my Honda CR-V I bought it using
an online service and

> got it for less than I was quoted online. I really like my CR-V
and
>>> am very pleased with
> it.
>>>
>>> So I think that it is all dependent upon the
car you purchase.
>>> If the car is
> well made, you going to get a good car.
>>> If the are
isn't from a line reputed for reliability
> you won't.
>>> The money you spend purchasing
the car is nothing if you have to
>>> spend
>>>
> equal amounts maintaining the
car.

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Joanna
>>

>> ---
>> Come
> and play at the
InterNetWorkers Web site!
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> You are
currently subscribed to
>> internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com To
> unsubscribe
send a blank