internetworkers - Re: Infighting in the Linux camp??

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zzd <craigduncan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Infighting in the Linux camp??
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:55:39 -0400

Consolodation in this kind of market is inevitable and should be seen as good
thing, so long as it creates competition and leaves you with a choice. Since
there are literally hundreds of Linux distributions, some well known like
RedHat, Debian and Madrake (my favorite), choice should <gasp>never</gasp> be
an issue.

If Suse, Caldera and TurboLinux pull together and combine their strengths to
create a better more powerful distribution, then that is just one more
'mighty' weapon with which micro$uck needs to defend themselves against and
creates a stronger Linux community.

Remember, Linux is more about freedom of choice that is is about being
anti-microsoft - that is for the zealots.

<accent>LINUX ROOOLZZZE!!! </accent>