internetworkers - Re: wireless LAN for the home

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Robert Weeks" <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: wireless LAN for the home
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:22:35 -0500

I'm using a Netgear ME102 Wireless Access point here on a mixed network
(Macs and Win2k PCs), the cards are Orinco/Lucent Silver cards. I don't know
if it is the "best" setup but I can bring my G4 laptop down to the lake out
in the back of our house and work from an Adirondack chair down there. So
that makes me a very happy guy. We've had no problems with signal strength
anywhere here in the house, upstairs, downstairs, inside or out.

Don't know about your Sparc 5, I retired mine when OSX became my OS of
choice last year ;-)

Robert