internetworkers - job seeker....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Gina Norman <gina AT vnet.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: job seeker....
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:27:24 -0400 (EDT)

I know very few folks are hiring, but I seem to remember that there are
still some companies who need Java programmers and the like, so I thought
I'd pass this along. This is a fellow named Mike whom I met this past
weekend who had just been hit by the Nortel cuts. Obviously I don't know
him very well, but he seemed like a nice guy, and was definitely
intelligent and well-spoken.

Mike's mini-bio:
"I have a BS in Computer Science, so I've got most of the
computer basics covered there. I can program mainly in C, C++, and Java,
but I've done a few others as well, and I can learn new ones easily. I
was doing fiber optics while I was with Nortel, so I can run that
equipment well. I did a lot of work on the telephone, instructing field
techs on how to do their job. I also worked with the engineers to rebuild
and redesign systems. Lots of fun CAD stuff in there. I really enjoy
working with others, though. I was even thinking about getting in to a
company that could teach me their product and then I could go and either
sell it or teach it."

He can be reached at:
Michael P Malone <mpmalone24 AT juno.com>

Thanks, all!

-Gina

  • job seeker...., Gina Norman, 08/06/2001