internetworkers - Food for Thought...Next: The Future Just Happened

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "A Sprouse" <asprouse AT pickett-sprouse.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Food for Thought...Next: The Future Just Happened
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:28:17 -0400

Writer Michael Lewis was a guest on Charlie Rose last week.  Michael's latest book, Next: The Future Just Happened, explores the social implications of the internet.  Starting tonight, A&E is running a two part series based upon the book.....see schedule below....

A&E Special Presentation
Next: The Future Just Happened, Pt. 1

Monday , August 06 9:00 PM-11:00 PM

Writer Michael Lewis takes us on a witty and fascinating journey to discover how the Internet is changing our lives. We meet a teenager who used his computer to make a fortune in the stock market before he was 15 and another teen in California who offers legal advice online; and we find out about the clock being built by high-tech scientists that is designed to run for 10,000 years and make us all think differently about the future. TV G
A&E Special Presentation
Next: The Future Just Happened, Pt. 1

Tuesday , August 07 1:00 AM-3:00 AM

Writer Michael Lewis takes us on a witty and fascinating journey to discover how the Internet is changing our lives. We meet a teenager who used his computer to make a fortune in the stock market before he was 15 and another teen in California who offers legal advice online; and we find out about the clock being built by high-tech scientists that is designed to run for 10,000 years and make us all think differently about the future. TV G
A&E Special Presentation
Next: The Future Just Happened, Pt. 2

Tuesday , August 07 9:00 PM-11:00 PM

Author Michael Lewis looks at the limitations of the Internet. In Britain, the government gives 4,000 computers to poor people, but the machines don't bring prosperity. In California, a father spends too much time working on his laptop, and family life suffers. And Michael discovers that the Internet can violate his privacy; using a commercial Internet search service, he finds information about his new house. TV G
A&E Special Presentation
Next: The Future Just Happened, Pt. 2

Wednesday, August 08 1:00 AM-3:00 AM

Author Michael Lewis looks at the limitations of the Internet. In Britain, the government gives 4,000 computers to poor people, but the machines don't bring prosperity. In California, a father spends too much time working on his laptop, and family life suffers. And Michael discovers that the Internet can violate his privacy; using a commercial Internet search service, he finds information about his new house. TV G

  • Food for Thought...Next: The Future Just Happened, A Sprouse, 08/06/2001