internetworkers - Re: [Fwd: need your help]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: jcuthrell AT ixl.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: need your help]
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:14:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Tucker [mailto:mtucker AT hesketh.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 4:49 PM
To: InterNetWorkers
Subject: [internetworkers] Re: [Fwd: need your help]
[snip]
I mean how would it look? The state's capital city newspaper jettisoning
the Connect section?
[snip]

Guess #1:

It might look like a newspaper cutting costs when the .com/all-thing-net
craze (that they helped whip up) goes away as well. (short sighted)

Guess #2:

It might look like a newspaper wants to repurpose that section for targeted
advertising to increase revenues. (smart)

Guess #3:

It might look like a newspapers that tried something and decided it wasn't
working out and others wanted a chance. (I mean Connect is a recent thing
and isn't an anchor of the paper by any means.)

Having said this... I still won't be buying a Monday paper if it goes
away... but
if Nando stops putting those damned blue plastic wrapped news advertisements
in my yard I might consider buying it again.

-Jay