internetworkers - [TriLUG-Announce] Re: First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek (fwd)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "LUG@NCSU" <lug AT lists.ncsu.edu>, Duke Linux Users Group <dulug AT dulug.duke.edu>
  • Subject: [TriLUG-Announce] Re: First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:42:16 -0400 (EDT)

For those of you who still don't have plans for tomorrow, or who might
want an alternate plan in case of rain...

- --
- -- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
- -- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --

Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:45:27 -0400
From: Jon Carnes <jonc AT nc.rr.com>
To: trilug-announce AT trilug.org
Subject: [TriLUG-Announce] Re: First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek

Just a reminder about tomorrow.

We have 30 lbs of BarBQ, 3 gallons of potato salad, 2 gallons of spicy beans,
5 gallons of sweet-sweet tea, and lots of sauce - All from Red Hot and Blue
and courtesy of NeTraverse!

The volunteers should arrive at 400 Newton Rd at 10:00am to help with the
setup and to get oriented to the facilities.

The guests should arrive sometime after noon.

Note: I'll be leaving at 11:00am to get the food.

Jon

BTW: does anyone have a volley ball that they could bring (in case it doesn't
really rain...)

On Tuesday 22 May 2001 00:05, Mike Johnson wrote:
> The Triangle area Linux Users Group is happy to announce the
> first annual TriLUG Eat and Geek!
>
> On Saturday, May 26 (Memorial Day weekend) starting around noon,
> TriLUG will be hosting a get together where food, festivities,
> and free software will be in abundance!
>
> The eat part:
> We'll have plenty of bar-b-que and drinks to go around. More
> details as to -who- will be providing the food is forth-coming.
> The most likely candidate is Red Hot and Blue. Whoever it is,
> we promise it will be tasty and plentiful!
>
> The geek part:
> We'll be hosting an installfest during the event. Highly trained
> professionals (well, okay, volunteers who know what they're doing)
> will be on-hand to help install your distribution of choice.
> Bring in your own discs, or use cds from the TriLUG library.
> And if you're worried about having to loose that nasty Windows
> partition that you use to play games, don't! Our fearless
> volunteers can re-size your parition to free up space for the
> installation of a dual-boot system.
>
> And, of course, no large gathering of geeks would be complete
> without a LAN party. Current plans include Quake and Unreal
> Tournament games available to all!
>
> NeTraverse will be providing an extra treat: demo copies of
> their latest version of Win4Lin. They'll also help out with
> installation!
>
> What to bring:
> Yourself, your appetite, your computer, and your family (though,
> your family might be somewhat annoyed by your priorities).
> Monitors, keyboards, mice, and network cables will be provided,
> though you're certainly welcome to bring your own.
>
> Directions:
> Take the Beltline (440) to Six Forks
> Go North on Six Forks about 4 miles (its really less, but the
> staggering number of stop lights make it seems like so much more...)
> Turn Right on Newton Rd (after the Wendy's and before the shopping
> center - Celebration at Six Forks)
> After a quarter of a mile turn Right into the Newton Technology Center
> and you are there!
> Look for signs to the bar-b-que!
> The address (Mapquest pulls it up just fine):
> HAHT Commerce
> 400 Newton Rd.
> Raleigh NC 27615
>
> Sponsors:
> TriLUG
> HAHT Software - providing the space
> NeTraverse - footing the bill for the food and drinks
>
> We hope to see you there!
>
> Mike

  • [TriLUG-Announce] Re: First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek (fwd), Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney, 05/25/2001