internetworkers - Re: [Fwd: need your help]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Tucker" <mtucker AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: need your help]
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:49:28 -0400

> What is the Connect section? Is that the Dyrness article? We don't get
> a paper. We kept putting them directly into the recycling after piling
> up like firewood.

Well, now that doesn't really help the situation at all does it? You know
that N&O folks are a part of this list too right? :)

FYI- The Connect section appears every Monday, and it's all about hi-tech
business and digital media in general in the Triangle. You know, important
stuff to triangle internetworkers.

It's probably the single best thing about the N&O as a whole. It'd be a
shame to lose it.

I mean how would it look? The state's capital city newspaper jettisoning
the Connect section?

The state assembly thinks the digital world is important, so much so that
they set aside $3 million to create the NC Rural Internet Access Authority.
Right or wrong, big government or not, creating an agency to bridge a gap in
the digital divide tells me that someone in town thinks this stuff is
important. I would think the general populace thinks this stuff is
important too.

my $.02

--
Michael R. Tucker