internetworkers - RE: personal web sites take 2

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: personal web sites take 2
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:44:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Marybeth Lackey wrote:
->
->http://www.shesheme.com
->
->I don't know the author, but she does live in the Triangle and is a member
->of ex-Triangle Webgrrls, now TW2.

The design of this site may be fine, but I will firmly stand behind my
belief that it contains some of the most gelatinous, vomitous, women-who
-don't-wear-lip-gloss-shouldn't-be-seen, if-hubby/bf-isn't-here-I-can't-
program-the-VCR (apologia to those who, *truly*, can't program a VCR)
bullshit I have ever laid my eyes on.

from one of their earlier press releases:
"She she me, the character created by Coleman and partner Stacy Piccagli,
will pitch products for online merchants and recommend interesting Web
sites. But she'll also have a life, Coleman said. She'll report on the
date she had last night and tell you when she's having a "fat day.""

and

"While shopping tips may be her bread and butter, the she she character
will also say such things as "I'm depressed after watching Ally McBeal
last night. She's so thin. I'm going to drink two jugs of water so my fat
will go away.""

YEAH BUDDY. How about putting some jugs of water over your dribbling,
drolling gobshite?

These are some people I think need a brain enema.

Anyhow, back to your regularly scheduled internetworkers.

Cheers
Kelly Jo