internetworkers - RE: personal web sites take 2

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Marybeth Lackey <mlackey AT raleighcvb.org>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: personal web sites take 2
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 15:13:16 -0400

Yet it is one of the most entertaining things I read in my inbox each week.
Not everything is as serious as CNN, nor should it be.

It angers me as much to see people put down those who choose to be fashion
lovers as it does to see fashion lovers laugh at a "geek." This chick
chooses to write about fashion, makeup, shoes, and her dates. And yes, she's
probably skinny and I hate her for that, but it's still entertaining to read
about her everyday dramas, because we all have 'em.

And there are those in this world who strive to be both "geek" and "fashion
queen" and shouldn't have to apologize for that dichotomy.

Back off my beautifully decorated soapbox...
---
Mary Beth Lackey
Internet Manager
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
http://www.raleighcvb.org