internetworkers - where to buy a PC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria Winslow <maria.winslow AT dexxtra.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: where to buy a PC
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:33:05 -0500

I personally only buy PCs from Dell, since I have spent too much time
piddling with
machines that are unreliable, don't work with (fill-in-the-blank, frequently
the OS), are
not flexible enough to add peripherals without installing a SCSI card (which
then won't
work with fill-in-the-blank), etc. Dells are always reliable, and worth the
extra money.
But if you do build one, don't get the cheapest parts. Even a crappy fan can
be a major
pain later. Of course, I hate sysadmin work, so I am biased against it.

Maria

> Hi
>
> My husband is interested in buying a PC for home use. Basically he wants
> the most options for the least amount and is not attached to any
> brand. Any recommendations for places online or in the Triangle to buy one
> would be very much appreciated. We know where to buy in Silicon Valley,
> but alas we are not there.
>
> Thanks
>
> Saundra

  • where to buy a PC, Maria Winslow, 02/28/2001