internetworkers - Re: Silicon Shuttle!! (Direct flight to San Jose)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Silicon Shuttle!! (Direct flight to San Jose)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:30:49 -0400

"saundrakaerubel.com" wrote:
> Cisco negotiated and lobbied for this nonstop flight. We found out a
> couple of weeks ago.

Apparently some local venture capitalists had a heavy hand in the
matter, too, according to local press reports. ""We'll look back on
this, and it will be a watershed event," said David Blivin, a partner in
Southeast Interactive Technology Fund, a Durham-based technology venture
capital fund. Blivin has campaigned for three years for the flights."
Blivin's partner, Bill Glynn, was quoted elsewhere.
http://www.newsobserver.com/friday/business/rtp_nc/Story/220985p-214129c.html

TaB