internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: September 09, 2000

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: September 09, 2000
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 00:02:04 -0400

Does anyone know of a resource to find the following information: Avg
salaries for developers in the Triangle area, working in a startup
environment.

I realize that those particular parameters may not be published in an
available list. However, if anyone would like to send me their 'opinions' on
appropriate salaries for developers in statups, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Also,if possible, how the salaries may relate to stock options. You can
email me the information at don AT ouishare.com. I'm working on budgeting and
financial issues pertaining to upcoming hires, and there are differences of
opinion as to the amount we should offer as salary. We are also planning on
offering a range using salary and stock inversely, to whit: x to x+20K
salary range, inverserly proportional to x stock to 2(x stock) in option
package, thus allowing the hire to choose cash now, or upside later, with
flexibility.

Thanks in advance......don