internetworkers - Re: Silicon Shuttle!! (Direct flight to San Jose)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • Subject: Re: Silicon Shuttle!! (Direct flight to San Jose)
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:26:24 -0700

Cisco negotiated and lobbied for this nonstop flight. We found out a couple
of weeks ago.

see snipped release

>We are pleased to announce after months of negotiations with Midway
>Airlines, we (Cisco) have reached a Preferred Airline agreement.
>
>A key point to these negotiations was Midway's commitment to provide
>non-stop service between San Jose, CA and Raleigh Durham - RTP, NC.
>Beginning Tuesday, November 7th, Midway will provide non-stop service 2
>times a day each direction (4 trips).
>
>Midway is based out of RTP and is the largest air carrier in the immediate
>region. Midway provides other services from RTP to other key Cisco
>destinations such as Boston, Newark, New York, etc.

Saundra

forAt 01:42 PM 09/09/2000 -0400, mdthomas AT mindspring.com wrote:
>http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2000/09/04/daily15.html
>
>Midway is starting direct service to
>San Jose Nov. 7th. The Biz column in
>the business journal says the "normal"
>fare will be only $330 -- much less
>than my last trip to the valley. Only
>$149 with 14 day advance purchase.
>
>David Bliven of Southeast Interactive
>starting advocating for such a flight
>2 years ago.
>
>"The West Coast route is a
>departure for Morrisville-based
>Midway, a regional carrier working
>to reshape its fleet and broaden
>its destination base. Midway will
>offer two daily nonstop flights
>each way using its newest Boeing
>737-700 aircraft. Service begins
>Nov. 7."
>
>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>http://metalab.unc.edu/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
>saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com

Saundra Kae Rubel saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com
This is Silicon Valley: If you don't like the technology,
go out and make some of your own.

The Information Philanthropist
http://ww.saundrakaerubel.com