internetworkers - RE: fighting geeks

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Stonham" <jmstonham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: fighting geeks
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:29:54 GMT

I practiced Tang Soo Do on and off for a few years when I was a youngin', and later (while living in China) was taught one-on-one a style of Wu Shu (aka, Kung Fu) called "'Black Fist' Wu Shu" (and I've got a few scars on my hands to prove it...).

(Sounds tough, but after all this my first instinct is to run away whenever I'm confronted by a bully...)

My wife studied Aikido for some time, and if I had to do it all over again I'd go for Aikido. There is an Aikido instructor who teaches at our gym, and the movements are intelligent and quite beautiful.

(Coincidentally enough, there is also a pint-sized, powerhouse, black-belted Asian girl who also teaches her art at our gym, and she can *fly*!)

JMS