internetworkers - Re: RE: Geeks + Diversity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: RE: Geeks + Diversity
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 23:59:25 -0400

> Wow! Don't know any minority nerds hunh?
> That surprises me.

Wait a sec... Are you saying that I'm not cool? You're saying that I'm a
geek! And because I'm a minority nerd that "we" all hang together like
geeky rejects in Ice Cube's "Steady Mobbin'" video! Shame, Steve, shame...

come on, man. I'm throwing events with nationally known acts getting top
billing(that's what we got, got it good so since you understood...) . Don't
I get cred? Show some love. I will admit that I am a Voyager fan,
though... ;)

> I haven't been thinking about inviting others to
> the group, so I guess I too could do a better
> job at minority involvement. I know plenty of
> black, hispanic and middle eastern nerds,
> some white ones too.

Yep. You should. Maybe I'll make you a mixtape of some stuff, too.

Uzoma